Owncloud Plugin Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

humph

Cadet
Hello good people. I have recently downloaded Freenas 9.3 stable and setup ownload. It works great when on the same network with pictures taken on my mobile phone being uploaded instantly.

I am now trying to experiment loading files etc from 'ouside' the network. This requires port forwarding inside my router. I am familiar in setting up forwarding via ddns, which I have done with CCTV camera.

Would anyone out there know what the default port might be the Owncloud uses so that I can configure the port within the router. I have tried to find this info without luck.

If anyone has done this or knows the port please let me know. I found some info on he Owncloud website but that info seems to be predominantly when installing Ownloud stand alone within a different O/S. No info as far as when it is a plug-in.

Thanks so much
Humph from Australia!

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
It doesn't matter if it's a plugin or a standalone install. It's the exact same thing. It should be port 80 or 443 if you selected HTTPS.

Keep in mind that a lot of isps will block port 80 from being hosted.

humph

Cadet
pirateghost your a genius!!

It worked. At first it didn't as I was gong through a No Ip dns redirection so tried so many different configurations with no luck. Until I tried my Plex account from outside the network this morning and that worked, and it hit me then as I had not created a redirection for plex at that stage. So rushed home and deleted the owncloud redirection and used port 443 and Bingo.

On the Owncloud phone app I'm using my proper external IP address to get a secure connection. That's the correct way isn't it?

Thanks again so much mate!

Humph.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You can use a dynamic DNS name also. If your IP address changes you will have to change your app

Status
Not open for further replies.