OwnCloud installation & configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallmarc

Cadet
I've been looking for a few days on the best way to work with ownCloud. Here are the steps I know so far. Can someone guide me on the remaining steps?

Currently running build: FreeNAS-9.2.1.3-RELEASE-x64 (dc0c46b)

Installation
1) Install plugin called "owncloud-6.0.1-amd64" (most recent as of 2014-04-13) under Plugins => Available => Click on owncloud => Click on install at the bottom of the page
2) Turn on the service under Plugins => Installed => Click on OFF to turn it on
Configuration
1) Setting up it's IP address under Jails => owncloud_1 => Edit => IPv4 address (mine is 192.168.1.101)
2) Setting up it's WebGUI HTTP Port number under System => Settings => WebGUI IPv4 Address => Enter your port (I'll leave mine at 80)
3) Everything works fine if I access http://192.168.1.101:80
4) Setting up HTTPs under System => Settings => Protocol => Click on HTTPS
5) Apache...??
6) Setting up SSL... RSA Private Key & Certificate....??
7) ....

Information known:
The plugin should have self signed SSL certificates installed and configured allowing you to enable "force HTTPs".
Make sure you have SSL certificates setup (http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/owncloud-ssl-self-signed-certs.15187/#post-96314)
Make sure your web server (apache22) is configured to use the certificates.

I'll update/edit my thread when I'll have all the information.

Thanks!

erodz1892

Dabbler
Ive been trying the same thing I can access from the local network but not from the outside I get some message that the server is not trusted, has to do something with the php but then again I am a noob.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Have you looked at Dr. KK posting on setting up Owncloud? Very informative.

erodz1892

Dabbler
I did is great to advance users as I am really hurting when it comes to the command line I know how to access it from freenas and from the jail but haven't caught up yet. Another point is that I really want to keep my hdd sleeping when not in use I use a ssd for the jails and the dataset stored on it as well so the hdd only have movies music and sleep while not in use (plex) installing the jail on the ssd will only give me 50gb of storage. So I decided to go ftproute for this I wish you could point storage as easy as plex. I also need to work on securing the ftp there's a lot to learn I'm super happy with the plex server so is all good

Status
Not open for further replies.