SOLVED Only showing half of installed RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWilly

Cadet
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to setup FreeNAS for my home NAS (upgrading from OpenFiler). I was able to create the boot USB flash drive, and boot the machine. Boot process seems fine and I can get to the FreeNAS web GUI.

The problem I'm running into is that FreeNAS is only showing half the RAM installed on the machine. I thought it might be a bug in the GUI (you never know), but I confirmed that the OS is seeing the incorrect amount from the CLI. I tried NAS4Free just to make sure it wasn't some incompatibility between my hardware and FreeBSD but NAS4Free saw all the memory.

I've searched around the forum and web but have not found anyone else having this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would really like to try FreeNAS before deciding which NAS solution to use.

Quick overview of my hardware:
- AMD Quad-core APU
- 8G RAM
- 4x 1TB drives for storage
- FreeNAS 9.1.1

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Sounds like you installed the 32 bit version instead of 64

Sent from my Nexus 5

BigWilly

Cadet
Sounds like you installed the 32 bit version instead of 64

Sent from my Nexus 5

LOL... wow... man, I feel like an idiot...:oops:

You're absolutely right pirateghost. I was so sure I downloaded the right one, it didn't even cross my mind to double-check. I might need some more coffee before continuing.

Cheers!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You aren't the first one to make that mistake. And you won't be the last. But I hereby designate you the forum noob for the day. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.