SOLVED Nvidia Driver Version on TrueNAS Scale RC1

HarryMuscle

Contributor
Does anyone know which Nvidia driver version comes with TrueNAS Scale RC1 (I assume this won't change between now and release version)? I plan on using TrueNAS Scale on a machine with a Nvidia Quadro T400 GPU which is pretty new and I believe requires driver version 460.73 at least. If the version that comes with TrueNAS Scale is too old, any information out there on how to update the drivers?

Thanks,
Harry

ClassicGOD

Contributor
nvidia-smi reports 460.91.03

DeaDSouL

Dabbler

Saberwolf

Explorer
So just a little info for you guys the dev's have decided to use the upstream version of Debian from repos' so if it is default in Debian upstream then it will be coming to TrueNAS scale you can always add a ticket and ask for that package to be added earlier but just know it will not be a quick updated. i have asked this question before when there current kernel version they were on was causing issues with Nvidia GPU and hardware acceleration was not work due to a kernel and driver version issue that Nvidia solved. there answer was when they get around to updating the core system repo' they would update kernel. so for now the only thing i can say is that if the Debian repo has that version in it now it is unlikely to be updated until the Debian repo does, that is not to say the can not or are not willing to just unlikely unless of the work that goes into it. hope this helps!