nut plugin: failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

junior466

Explorer
Suddenly my TrueNAS 13 system started throwing the following error when attempting to connect to my UPS:

May 12 19:26:47 freenas-backup 1 2023-05-12T19:26:47.058628-04:00 freenas-backup.local collectd 1884 - - nut plugin: nut_connect: upscli_connect (localhost, 3493) failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

I haven't changed a single thing in my system. I did attempt to restart the UPS service a few time in TrueNAS and eventually was successful but then it happened again so I assume something is up. UPS is working fine and other servers are also connected and working as they should. I did find this thread where someone recommended resetting the system dataset but I don't know exactly what the person means by that. I did recently upgrade to TrueNAS 13 so I assume the troubleshooting step of resetting the system dataset may help.

Could someone point me on how to achieve this reset?

junior466

Explorer
I am starting to wonder if it's some weird bug since typing `upsc -l` lists my ups.

Code:
% upsc -l
SMT750
% 

joeschmuck

Old Man
Did you ever find a resolution?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I kicked off my SCALE VM last night and have not seen the error. Seems to be there only for CORE. Time to switch back to CORE and verify the problem still exists. I'm not really too concerned about it, TrueNAS and the UPS are actually communicating, pulling the UPS plug out of the wall is proof enough.