Not ufs No /boot/loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayfour

Cadet
Hi all,

Friend of mine asks me to fix his FreeNAS, who have been working for few years till today. So i plug monitor to the PC and that's what i see on the screen. I have no idea what is the version or what is the problem. I'm linux user, but to be honest not familiar with FreeBSD at all. So i check some forums here and there and nothing helps so far.I would like to know if there is some kind of rescue procedure where i can boot up livecd or something and clear or browse the drive folders. I would love to fix this FreeNAS, because its part of one very stable infrastructure served well for years. The hardware configuration is very simple: One 80GB drive on 1st SATA controller. My question is. Is it possible the fail boot to be in result of full hard drive? I did all possible hardware tests on this computer and everything pass smooth. The hard drive and the RAM doesn't have any errors.

Not ufs
No /boot/loader

FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:
Not ufs
No /boot/kernel/kernel

FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
boot:

MaxTakeoff

Cadet
Hey, he does say that he doesn't know what the version is but I am having the exact same issue with FreeNAS 8.03, just downloaded.

Just found out that my usb key appears to be working in my laptop, I booted from it and it brought me into what I assume is the FreeNAS initial menu, about 11 options, 1 Configure Network Device, etc.

Looks like it could be some kind of hardware issue, I might go see if there's anything in the bios of the older Pentium 4 machine I was trying to install it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.