"not for production" warning on stable train, upgrading from 12.0-U1.1 to 12.0-U2

onceler

Cadet
I have a small server running TrueNAS core 12.0-U1.1, on the 12.0 stable train (was on the FreeNAS 11.3 stable release train until recently, I switched to the TrueNAS 12.0 stable train after U1.1 was released). It's been running fine, except...
When I went to apply the -U2 upgrade just now, I was shown a warning that this was a testing build (see attachment).

Being on the stable release train, I expected to only get production-ready releases. Was a testing release mistakenly sent to the stable release train, or is this warning being shown by mistake, or did I mistakenly do something to cause me to start being offered test updates?

TrueNAS upgrade warning.png

Last edited:
That message should go away after February 23, 2021.

According to @Kris Moore , it's only "a temporary / cosmetic bug." Any updates pulled from the stable release train are safe, and you can ignore the message.

Last edited:

onceler

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. I had checked the U2 release notes, but this was not listed as a known issue. I see that it was for previous releases though.