Not able to install any plugin (DNS Error)

T-One

Cadet
Hello,

i tried the whole day to install plugins on a brand new TrueNAS 12.0 installation but every single plugin failed with:

Error: cp had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: DNS Exception: A DNS label is empty. pkg.FreeBSD.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network Partial plugin destroyed

I run TrueNAS on a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 with G1610T CPU, 16 GB RAM.

It doesn't matter what kind of plugin i choose, Plex (from iXsystems Collection), Sonarr (Community) or Nextcloud (iXSystems) all fail with the above error.
Also a change from NAT to DHCP in the jail config doesnt help, i also configured Google DNS servers in the global network configuration and tried to add "nameserver 8.8.8.8" directly in the network properties of the jail.

But if i create a jail by myself with NAT or DHCP (doesnt matter) i have a network connection in the jail with no problems for the DNS lookup.

Can someone please point me in the right directon to narrow down the problem?

ThreeDee

Guru
not that it addresses your initial query .. but you'd be better served to install whatever you want to run from scratch instead of using any of the plugins.

Nocly

Cadet
Hello, I am under TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1 and I also have this same problem, at 50% of the download it marks me that I must destroy the prison, and this last one is marked corrupted, I restart the subject in the hope that somebody found a solution. Thanks in advance :)