not able to create a new user - constraint failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektroshock

Cadet
Hi to all,
i have a FreeNAS 9.3 installation, i'm using it and i started to create some NFS shares.
All is working fine untill i use root user to create files into shares.
Now i want to create other users to access that shares, but trying to create a new user i get:

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://x.x.x.x/admin/account/bsdusers/add/
Software Version: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201412090314
Exception Type: IntegrityError
Exception Value:
NOT NULL constraint failed: account_bsdusers.bsdusr_microsoft_account
Exception Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py in execute, line 452
Server time: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:47:27 +0100

i tryed to search and i have found nothing else that in my form i don't have "microsoft account" checkbox (see attached screenshot).
while in this post: http://blog.programster.org/freenas-create-a-windows-user/ there is the checkbox!!
Any idea on how to solve this?
Many thanks

Attachments

• add user.jpg
    add user.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 237

m0nkey_

MVP
Any reason why you're still on 9.3? You're a few versions behind, latest is 9.10.2-U1.

elektroshock

Cadet
FreeNAS installation is in a datacenter far from my office and it mount a RAID card with firmware for FreeNAS 9.3 = IT mode vP16
In past i have tryed to install 9.10 but i got a warning for RAID card firmware not compatible, so i must rollback to 9.3, this is the reason :-(

m0nkey_

MVP
FreeNAS installation is in a datacenter far from my office and it mount a RAID card with firmware for FreeNAS 9.3 = IT mode vP16
In past i have tryed to install 9.10 but i got a warning for RAID card firmware not compatible, so i must rollback to 9.3, this is the reason :-(
Why didn't you upgrade the firmware on the HBA to P20 at the same time when prompted? The firmware is readily available from LSI's website.

elektroshock

Cadet
because support team in Datacenter didn't upgrade LSI firmware, too tricky for them and i should take a plane to reach it...
as far as i know it's not doable from FreeNAS GUI, so i gave up and i stay with 9.3 version
is it possible even to pay a support with actual installation?
i would avoid to upgrade it

Sakuru

Guru
You can upgrade the firmware from the FreeNAS CLI. Download and extract the files, then look for the firmware file. For my HBA it was "Firmware/HBA_9211_8i_IT/2118it.bin". It's best to do this when your box is not under heavy load.
sas2flash -f 2118it.bin
Also, there are many posts on this forum about flashing HBA firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.