No web ui on fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone advise me what is missing on my install. I tried the install on a normal computer as well as a VirtualBox and get the same results.

I booted the iso image of FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso, using nothing but defaults. I didn't pick any of the service options during the install, just the ones that were marked by default.

When I tried to connect to the IP for the Web Interface, I got a connection refuse error message on the browser.

I logged into the Freenas computer console and ran this command, getting the same connection error:

Code:
# telnet localhost 80
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connection to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refussed
telnet: unable to connect to remote host

Is there a special service that needs to be manually started for the interface? Is there a different port for the web UI?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments on this.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You might be using the wrong media if you are using FreeBSD because the installation process of FreeNAS would be quite different from the process for FreeBSD.

If you have FreeNAS, it's possible that you have a hardware issue that is preventing the software from working. please provide as much detail as possible about the hardware.

You might be using the wrong media if you are using FreeBSD because the installation process of FreeNAS would be quite different from the process for FreeBSD.

If you have FreeNAS, it's possible that you have a hardware issue that is preventing the software from working. please provide as much detail as possible about the hardware.

The image is used is FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso downloaded from https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/11.2/.

I created a Virtual machine from my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS host with these specs:

Code:
Type: Linux
Version: Other Linux(64-bit)
Memory 8192MB
Processors 4
Storage 15.00 GB
Storage 20.00 GB
Storage 20.00 GB
Network: Bridged Adapter

I tried to follow closely the steps in this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3f-Sr6y-c4

The author of the video said he was running Freenas 11. The one I found on the link he provided is FreeNAS 11.2.

I followed the steps as close as I could. I tried it with a real computer and got the same thing. I created a Virtual Machine so that I could go over the steps quicker to be able to test the steps quicker and easily be able to start over numerous times. My current installation is the Virtual Machine with the specs above.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the confustion. This isn't the first time it has happened to me. It appears that I have multiple downloads and download links. I'm noticing both FreeNAS and FreeBSD in my download folder. I don't know how I made a mistake and at some time downloaded a FressBSD image when I was thinking I was downloading FreeNAS.

I'm going to start the process over, and I'm sure this will resolve the issue. I'll update the thread ASAP.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames

You want FreeNAS 11.2 not 11.

This is the update Youtube from the FreeNASTeam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Da_5yIJFrw
That is the question I suppose. Are you trying to setup FreeNAS, or FreeBSD, because there is an entirely different download for FreeNAS.

https://download.freenas.org/11.2/STABLE/RELEASE/x64/FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE.iso
You guys are great! I can't believe I made such a mistake. The install and web interface went smooth and seamless.

Looking at the interface and reading the reviews, I can't believe it's free. I'm donating immediately. I'll also be sharing my experience on the forums and helping when I can.

Have great holiday!

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.cm/~ljames

Status
Not open for further replies.