No Web GUI access. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed FreeNas 11.2 on a Thecus N16000PRO Server. Everything was working fine until this morning. I restarted the Thecus as well as my computer and well I cannot access the Web GUI anymore. I had set a static IP. Attached is a pic of the IFCONFIG. Sorry, I am a bit of a NOOB.

Attachments

• IMG_1375M.JPG
    IMG_1375M.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 318

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did you try a second restart of the FreeNAS?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
When you boot your system, you should end at a menu screen that looks similar to this:

v11.1-console.PNG

Do you get that or is it dumping you directly to a command prompt?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm noticing that em0 and em2 have different addresses on the same subnet (which is an invalid configuration), while em1 has an address on a completely different network. What can you tell us about your network configuration. Which address are you using to try to reach the web GUI? And what happens when you try?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I'm noticing that em0 and em2 have different addresses on the same subnet
em2 says it has no carrier, so if that is the address he is trying to use, it would be a problem

When you boot your system, you should end at a menu screen that looks similar to this:

View attachment 27039

Do you get that or is it dumping you directly to a command prompt?
Yes I did try restarting it multiple times yesterday. I had Ethernet connected on Lan 1 and Lan 2, I even tried connecting an ethernet to Lan 3 and I am not getting anything.. When I boot up, it looks exactly like this.. It even says "The Web user interface is at: 192.168.1.2"

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
When I boot up, it looks exactly like this..
Exactly like what?
It even says "The Web user interface is at: 192.168.1.2"
That is the IP address that was associated with em2 which showed a no carrier status when you took the photo you shared. No carrier would tend to indicate that the cable is not connected.
I am not sure why you have all of these interfaces configured with addresses, maybe because of the troubleshooting, but you probably need to clear all that configuration information and start over. Do that from the console menu, don't try and do it from the command line. Settings in FreeNAS need to be done through the software, not directly in the OS, or it can break things. To regain access, clear all those IP addresses out, then set just one address on one interface and switch the cable between interfaces until you have the cable on the interface that also has an address. After that, the web GUI should be available. If it isn't, we can do some further work.

Status
Not open for further replies.