No UPS drivers work for my APC BX750MI UPS

SaluteFruit

Cadet
I have tried all of the APC drivers and none of those work. Also tried all other 750v USBHID drivers from other manufacturers and none of those worked either. Ran the command "upsc ups" to see if TrueNAS saw the UPS with each selected driver. I've looked around but cannot seem to find a solution. WHat can I do now?

axeleroy

Cadet
Hello,

I'm using a model similar to yours (BX1600MI) and I was able to use it with the `APC ups 2 Back-UPS USB USB (usbhid-ups)` driver. TrueNAS is using NUT to communicate with the UPS, I encourage you to read its documentation.

SaluteFruit

Cadet
Hello,

I'm using a model similar to yours (BX1600MI) and I was able to use it with the `APC ups 2 Back-UPS USB USB (usbhid-ups)` driver. TrueNAS is using NUT to communicate with the UPS, I encourage you to read its documentation.
Could you give me a screenshot of your settings? Or review mine. I tried that driver and it still didn't work for me. Is there a setting I have wrong here? Thanks.

Attachments

• ladada.png
    ladada.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 106

axeleroy

Cadet
Sure, here is mine:
  • UPS Mode: Master
  • Driver: APC ups 2 Back-UPS USB USB (usbhid-ups)
  • Port or Hostname: auto
  • Everything else (Identifier, Monitor User, Monitor Password, Remote Monitor) should not matter in the configuration.
1678871406079.png