No list of plugins now in FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon60

Guru
I wanted just to check what plugins were available in FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4 (ec9a7d3), but when I click the 'Available' button, and wait, I get 'No entry has been found'.

There was a listing before the update, but now it seems to have gone?

Is there anyway to get the list of plugins back?

avalon60

Guru
I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but FreeNAS has a static IP address, and the gateway is also set within FreeNAS.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I mean verify all your network settings.

Having an IP address and gateway alone is not everything. You need nameservers as well.

We don't know what your setup looks like and from the initial post, we have no idea if you have a proper network configuration.

IceBoosteR

Guru
Check if your server can reach the internet (ping google.com), if your server can reach your router. You should also verify your interface settings.
Can you access your NAS with a client (check on windows "arp -a") and so on.
To help you, the community needs more information.

avalon60

Guru
I'll google nameservers shortly, but so far my NAS box cannot get a reply from google.com nor bbc.co.uk, as bot give the same error message:
[root@freenas ~]# ping google.com
ping: cannot resolve google.com: Host name lookup failure
[root@freenas ~]#

The NAS box is accessible from any of my windows or android clients .

I have been able to download updates for FreeNAS previously, so there must have been some kind of internet connection, I would have thought

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
It has an internet connection but can't resolve hostnames (which a nameserver is responsible for) and is why it fails to resolve Google.com and the plugins list.

Most of the time your router acts as a nameserver for your network, and you can use public ones like Google's 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8

avalon60

Guru
Thanks , that worked, using google's dns settings (Dynamic Name Server?) The NAS box can now ping google and bbc and get replies back.

I am still getting the same 'no entry has been found' message when I click the available plugins

avalon60

Guru
This thread can be closed now, as I Solved the problem by a reboot of my NAS box, and now there is a listing of available plugins,

Status
Not open for further replies.