No email after finished scrub, even though I should get one according to settings

Dwarf Cavendish

Contributor
I'm currently running TrueNAS-13.0-U4 and I recently removed the legacy encryption from my pool. Around the same time I had some stability issues that I had to sort out first. The process of removing encryption involved exporting and importing my pool and apparently this reset my biweekly scrub to once every 35 days. No worries, those settings I can change. Somewhere I noticed that I did not get an email after a manually started scrub had finished. And now that my scheduled scrub finished this night I also noticed only getting an email about starting it, but not about finishing it.

I checked my alert settings and those still look good:

1684683287434.png

Naturally I checked my spam filter, but there I only see actual spam.

What could cause this? And what could I do to fix it? I have searched the forums, but this did not turn up any useful results. Just one person that had the same problem on 11.3 or something, but with no resolution of the problem.

Under System -> Alert Services, what do you have set as the Level for your email service?

I wonder if it's an oversight in TrueNAS where the "Scrub Finished" alert only applies to schedule triggered scrubs?

Do you see a notification in the top right corner (bell icon) about the finished manual scrub?

Dwarf Cavendish

Contributor
Well, for my finished scheduled scrub I didn't get an email. But I did see an alert under the bell. I cleared all alerts so that I can clearly tell which new alerts get generated next time.

Dwarf Cavendish

Contributor
...not sure why, but this time I got an email both for starting and finishing the scrub again. No idea why, perhaps me clearing the alerts had something to do with it. Let's see if this keeps up.