No connectivity to TrueNAS 13 Core virtual machine

exwhywhyzee

Dabbler
I just installed TrueNAS Core 13.0 U1 on an ESXi 7.0 U2. I don't know why, but I cannot access the web interface or ping the TrueNAS IP address.

It's installed on a Supermicro X10slm-f with a 1220l v3 and 24GB of ram and a 20GB partition on a 60GB SSD.

I've installed TrueNAS on ESXi in past, and I've never experienced this issue.

I can ping the TrueNAS interface IP from the TrueNAS server itself, and I can also ping the loopback. But I cannot ping the default gateway IP address. I also cannot ping the ESXi host address, which is the shared NIC.

I've seen a couple of threads that had to do with setting up bridging through the console, but I didn't quite follow how to set this up (my skills are somewhat limited at the moment) - especially given that warning about doing anything in the shell when I accessed the console. I don't see any bridging option in the console itself. I know there's the web interface method, but given I can't access the web interface, I can't exactly use this route.

I'd appreciate any and all help.

Images only

1658883547973.png

1658883625128.png

There's no bridge option:

1658883717194.png

Last edited:

exwhywhyzee

Dabbler
I installed TrueNAS Scale to see if I'd have the same issue, but the issue doesn't exist with Scale.