No Bootloader - TrueNAS 13

hashcat

Cadet
Hi.

I want to install trueNAS on my Fujitsu Futro S740.
The installation routine runs smoothly and it says succesfully installed on ada0 device (internal ssd)
After that i tried UEFI und normal BIOS but when rebooting it does not find my boot device.

Tested other installations( ubuntu, openmediavault, windows etc...) all of them are booting the OS.

Why is the bootloader not working and can i manually install it?

Best
Guido

husfus

Cadet
Have you found any solution for it? I also tried Truenas 12 with the same hardware. It can't find a bootable media after installation. Although TrueNAS said the installation was successful. @hashcat

husfus

Cadet
Hi. I want to install trueNAS on my Fujitsu Futro S740. The installation routine runs smoothly and it says succesfully installed on ada0 device (internal ssd) After that i tried UEFI und normal BIOS but when rebooting it does not find my boot device. Tested other installations( ubuntu, openmediavault, windows etc...) all of them are booting the OS. Why is the bootloader not working and can i manually install it? Best Guido

Okay, I found a solution, You have to use TrueNAS Scale with this hardware. My device booted the OS successfully after the install. It probably has to do something with freeBSD vs debian kernel/driver support for the hardware, but I am no expert.