NFS4: Kerberos support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fl337w00dM4c

Cadet
Hi all,

when NFS4 will be supported by FreeNAS (when? ;) ), will it probably bring also support for Kerberos authentication (and encryption)?

Cheers and thanks,
Thomas

cyberjock

Inactive Account
AFAIK NFS4 is NOT included in FreeNAS despite the bug tracker. There is plans to add it, but AFP was updated in 9.2.0 and it looks like Samba is currently being updated. After that I think NFS gets a turn at being updated. AFAIK NFSv4 adds a boatload of new features and stuff and that's why it wasn't just added as a small update. The same thing is going on with Samba right now.

J

jkh

AFAIK NFS4 is NOT included in FreeNAS despite the bug tracker. There is plans to add it, but AFP was updated in 9.2.0 and it looks like Samba is currently being updated. After that I think NFS gets a turn at being updated. AFAIK NFSv4 adds a boatload of new features and stuff and that's why it wasn't just added as a small update. The same thing is going on with Samba right now.

That's pretty much the case, yes. We've been visiting each sharing type in turn, and NFS is next up to bat!

That is great news!
Not sure if there is a place to vote for upcoming features, but I will place my top vote on NFSv4.1+ but please add Kerberos Authentication as well if possible, plain system authentication is not an option in our modern times...

Status
Not open for further replies.