Nextcloud Truecharts - Recover data

Hey everyone,

I have been usig Truecharts Nextcloud for quite a while now but recently, it stopped working. I'd like to recover my user data to save it somewhere and start from scratch but I'm unable to locate where it is saved. I have userdata and html setup as PVC storage in the app settings on TrueNAS Scale so I'm assuming it's somewhere on the filesystem. Trying to access from the web returns a 404 every single time.

Might have found the answer to my own question by looking in the forums. I did not know how to formulate my issue (English being second language) but it seems I can use the TrueChart script to mount PVC to a mount point then go from there. I'll try this.

truecharts

Guru
Might have found the answer to my own question by looking in the forums. I did not know how to formulate my issue (English being second language) but it seems I can use the TrueChart script to mount PVC to a mount point then go from there. I'll try this.

you cannot easily recover and start-over this way though.

you cannot easily recover and start-over this way though.
I just needed my data and this script did exactly that. Mounted PVC to /mnt and copy-pasted data elsewhere, deleted app, reinstalled it then just copy-pasted content in newly created user folders. Seems to be holding up so far, no permission issues. Really glad !

truecharts

Guru
I just needed my data and this script did exactly that. Mounted PVC to /mnt and copy-pasted data elsewhere, deleted app, reinstalled it then just copy-pasted content in newly created user folders. Seems to be holding up so far, no permission issues. Really glad !

We cannot guarantee this hack will not cause issues in the future an any user migrating like this inherently voids our support.

truecharts

Guru
Understandable :) You can close this thread if possible, this solution worked for me :)

We're not related to this forum or iX Systems...
We've no power here ;-)