Nextcloud not creating the dbadmin user and not creating the database?

qwerty3656

Dabbler
I installed nextcloud from the plugins using the defaults. It gives me a message saying it created dbadmin and ncadmin users (with random passwords). the ncadmin user is created and works, but the dbadmin is not created. It also says it created a database, but it does not. I've tried it several times. These are the post install notes:

Database Name: nextcloud
Database User: dbadmin
Database Password: [xxx]
Nextcloud Admin User: ncadmin
Nextcloud Admin Password: [xxx]

G8One2

Patron
The plug-in installation is wonky, and has been troublesome for most people. Most sucessful installs of nextcloud require a manual or scripted installation.

qwerty3656

Dabbler
The plug-in installation is wonky, and has been troublesome for most people. Most sucessful installs of nextcloud require a manual or scripted installation.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a linux expert (or freenas expert). Is there some guide on manual installs?

G8One2

Patron
Sure is

G8One2

Patron

Chlorus

Dabbler

calebshah

Cadet
Thank you for linking this, I ran into the same issue.
I'm pretty disappointed in support for plugins, especially since this one is listed as 'official'

Have you manage to get it installed and working ?

Chlorus

Dabbler
Have you manage to get it installed and working ?
Not yet, I'm still reviewing the script. I'll give it a shot sometime this week probably.

calebshah

Cadet
I don’t understand why is there a nextcloud plug-in In freenas it’s not working.

Chlorus

Dabbler
I got the script working just fine, had to fight a little to use it with DHCP instead of NAT in the jail but beyond that it seems to work as advertised. It's definitely the way to go instead of the plugin.