NextCloud App on TrueNas Scale - smbclient is not installed !!

Luke64

Cadet
Hi,
I installed the NextCloud Official App on TrueNas Scale following the standard procedure. Everything works perfectly except one thing: in External Storage config there is the following message as in the attached photo. I've been searching all over the net for 2 days for instructions on how to fix this but it seems that no one in the world has solved it. Could some more advanced user please help me? ...

screenshot_20221204_123252.png

PS: I already tried to install smbclient all ways from Pod Shell but can't run any pkg install command. How is it possible?

thank you

riksworld

Cadet
HI,

I do not believe its possible to install this and I gave up with nextcloud as an app from the plugins, I did spend a fair amount of time on this.

In the end, I created a VM, installed PHP etc then installed the SMB on the VM, no issues so far, I can access my nextloud via cloudflare tunnel with SSL, if there is a request for this, I will chuck a guide together.

Luke64

Cadet
HI,

I do not believe its possible to install this and I gave up with nextcloud as an app from the plugins, I did spend a fair amount of time on this.

In the end, I created a VM, installed PHP etc then installed the SMB on the VM, no issues so far, I can access my nextloud via cloudflare tunnel with SSL, if there is a request for this, I will chuck a guide together.
Thank you for your answer ...
It is simply absurd that those who develop NextCloud have not implemented in the docker image a fundamental feature that is much requested and already foreseen by their project! ... that SMB error message shouldn't even show up in a fully functional product ... it makes no sense that after installing a product then you have to crash and drive yourself crazy to get it fully functional! ... but unfortunately this is the usual nonsense of the Linux world! :wink:

frankyvee

Cadet
While I was installing NextCloud within Truenas Scale Apps repository there is an option you can check to install SMB Client. Unfortunately, I checked the option but my NextCloud installation still tells me that the SMB client is not installed. I attached a screenshot of the option to checkbox. Not sure why it's not installing it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• smbclient.jpg
    smbclient.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 175