NextCloud Additional Storage Mount Point not working

jepatrick

Cadet
I have added the NextCloud plugin to my small TrueNas Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U8 system. The NextCloud plugin is working and provides the expected file services for my various PC's, IPad and IPhone. My next task is to get the NextCloud plugin application to use the separate Data Pool I created in my TrueNAS system just for NextCloud. I researched the task in the TrueNAS Community and TrueNAS documentation and the solution suggested is to give the NextCloud plugin additional storage outside of its jail. The TrueNAS documentation provides instructions to add Mount Points for the desired jail to provide access to the necessary file space. While I feel I have followed the documentation instructions correctly, my mount point does not result in the NextCloud plugin using the desired Pool and dataset. I was not able to follow the documentation's instructions to find the user and group account for my NextCloud Plugin. But, research in the TrueNAS Community indicates that NextCloud uses the www user and group so I set www as the user and group in the dataset permissions. This did not fix the problem, NextCloud continues to write data to the original location which is "root" in its jail. I am clearly missing something in my understanding of this task. Can someone here on the TrueNAS Community help me understand how to correctly give my NextCloud Additional storage. The attached file has screen shots taken of the TrueNAS configuration.

Attachments

• NextCloud_TrueNAS_Screens.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 426

mvcad

Contributor

jepatrick

Cadet
Thank your very much for the suggested content, that helped me solve my problem and understand the external storage function in NextCloud. Many thanks, I would not have solved the problem without your suggestion.