Newly created pool spitting out errors

casix_

Cadet
Hi there, this is my first post to this forum and I'm a literal newcomer to TrueNAS so, sorry for the Newbieness.
I have just started trying out TrueNAS (TrueNAS-12.0-U8) for over 3 days now. I am using old gaming hardware which consists of:
I7 4790k, Asus H97 Pro Gamer Motherboard, and 24GB DDR3 ram (2x8 & 2x4 non ECC).
My pool is just a raidZ1 of 3x2TB WD Blue drives that I have laying around. One of the drives is new and the other 2 I had for less than a year.

I have copied almost all my files to my NAS at this point and today I decided to do a pool scrub. However, apparently I got multiple Read and Checksum errors. When I do "zpool status -v" there are also error relating to permanent data corruption. I don't really care about the data because I still have the backups currently. But what causes this problem in the first place? I have done S.M.A.R.T Tests and I didn't find any error on my drives themselves really. Does this relate to me having non ECC memory in my machine or no? Or does this have to do that my drives are SMR Drives? I am aware that SMR drives have bad rebuild times but I didn't expect that this can cause data corruption.

Below are pictures relating to the issue that I have. If anybody can help explain to me what I must do to prevent these errors in the future that'll be great. Thanks in advance!

y77gs3z68iu81.png

tb1tc14g8iu81.png