NewEgg - WD External 10TB for $159.99

troybs1d

Dabbler
WD External 10TB for $159.99 after instant promo code & limit of 5x (I'm guessing per household/customer) from NewEgg. Going from Friday 02/21/2020 - 02/23/2020 (I believe PST too).

Promo Code: EMCDFFG38

Happy huntin' as they say...

P.S. My old Seagate rep told me years ago that they pay upfront for the warranty period of the drive to a 3rd party company that handles the RMA process (even if it seems fully internal to the company). So that may be part of the reason why the externals with short warranty periods cost less & why they aren't covered under warranty if they are "shucked".

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Note: these units probably are not wd reds.

troybs1d

Dabbler
They will most definitely have a White Label physically on them & as to what drive model they actually put in them will be easy to identify using a quick drive scan that can poll the model number of the drive. Sometimes the USB -> SATA board is more or less a straight pass-through while other times it obscures that kind of information but I believe nowadays its more a basic pass-through.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I only got white ones. Hope the redundancy saves me;)
Whites are fine because they could be reds. I know the easy store external drives are always reds/whites. I don't know if the "my book" version actually has reds/whites.