Newegg HDD Shipping Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmfisher4

Explorer
All,
Since I brought it up in the first place, I figured I would show everyone how Newegg is packaging hard drives for shipment if you haven't seen it yet. This is my first drive since they announced specific packaging. The bubble pack is high quality, with plastic much thicker than normal bubble packing and with strong pressure in the bubbles. The pack is designed like a cigarette pack, flipping open at the top. The shipping box is just a bit bigger than the bubble package which prevents it from sliding around in the box which, of course, is the point and the bubble pack needs to be pushed into the box.
Obviously a strong design and should protect the hard drive well except in the case of unusual handling. I'm only curious if you order more than one drive. Do they have single boxes sized for more than one drive or do they individually box each drive and then put those boxes in another box?
Anyway, thought everyone might be interested.
IMG_6345.JPG
IMG_6347.JPG

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Very cool. Thanks for providing the very nice pictures!

JohnK

Patron
I have bought 2 drives from them. They place the bubble wrapped drives into a bigger box and add some air bags inside to fill the box. I have actually taken a conscience decision to buy one drive at a time in future to minimize the risk of the drives damaging one another. Also these bubble wrap packaging is great for RMA's. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.