New to the game of FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccssid

Explorer
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Sid.

Up until about a couple of months ago....had not a clue as to what FreeNAS was all about. Read and read and more reading. Built a z2 setup (w/6 drives) with some old hardware and I actually got it to work. Now I have a new setup (see my signature.....hope I did this right !!! as I will see for the first time in my first (this) post.). I will adjust accordingly after I see it in a post.

Using FreeNAS to store about 20 years of misc files, and as a plex media server. Lots of music and movies. Of course, all of this is backed up two times over.

As time goes on, I am certain, I will run into some issues, and I will then post my questions. In the meantime, I will use an older computer that I have laying around to set up a "test" FreeNAS box to try an implement new things into my main system. I would rather screw up on the old box than monkey-up my main system, which, at this point...I think...is working just great for my purposes.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for all their hard work in putting all of this together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quebecman

Dabbler
Welcome! Good plan having a test rig. Looks like a nice setup, though I'm no expert yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.