New to it all am I good to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip

Cadet
So after about two days of undoing and redoing basically everything for a fresh build I think I've got it up and running properly. The only thing is I am concerned with is a message that pops up while booting that states that my pool isn't available.

Specifically says:
Code:
Beginning ZFS volume imports

Importing 17823278010635495907

cannot import '17823278010635495907': no such pool available
dtrace: invalid probe specifier zfs-dbgmsg{printf("\134r                                
                   \134r%s", stringof(arg0))}: "/usr/lib/dtrace/ip.d", line 225: operator -> cannot be applied to a forward declaration: 
                   no struct ip definition is available cannot import '17823278010635495907':no such pool available
   Importing PlexJail

Importing 17091875753728795306

ZFS volume imports complete

I reboot the system with some test files and everything shows up I get a green light with no known errors. I'd like to assume I'm fine but there's no harm in being cautious when it comes to possible data loss.

So my question is am I fine?

HW Specs:
Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
Intel Celeron G1820 2.7GHz
16GB Hyper X Fury
IOCrest 4 port SATA Controller card
4 x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf
1 x 120Gb Corsair Force LS SSD (used for jails(mainly Plex encoding))
xfx radeon 7770 GHz Edition for initial video output for install (some reason onborad video doesn't work???)

SW Specs:
FreeNAS version 9.10.2-U2

I say no, you are not fine. Looks as if there is something going on with one of your pools. It is failing to import. I have never seen anything like this before.

The other thing which will cause you problems in the long run, is the consumer grade hardware. While fine for gaming and windows applications, it should not be used in a server environment. With that said it will probably work fine, until it doesnt. I would not plan on keeping anything important on this machine. Your getting help in this forum will also be limited due to the fact that the hardware isnt recommended, and nobody wants to spend the time helping out a dog thats chasing its tail. I dont necessarily mind but others might.

Now back to the question at hand. Did you create a pool, then detach the pool, and create another one with out marking the disks as new? Something is going on to that effect where its looking for a pool that does not exist. It may behoove you to start over before you move any data to this machine. At the very least detach the pool using the GUI and mark the disks as new, then recreate the pool. I would not go any further until you sort this out.

Kip

Cadet
just realized I didn't bother answering your question. I might have detached without marking as new I don't remember I was having a bunch of different issues and I noticed this while researching the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.