New Router with differnt IP much of webGUI is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdah

Dabbler
Running FreeNAS 8.0.4-Release p2x64 for a couple of years now.

Biostar MB with AMD Athlon II x2 250 processor and 8 GB or ram.
6 2TB Seagate HDD.
No problems setting up my zpools and shares following the guide.

Now here is my problem. When I set up I had a Belkin router with an IP of 192.168.2.1. I purchased a couple of SiliconDust TV tuners and could not connect to a couple of remote computers. After research I found that the Belkin would not work so I upgraded to a Netgear and it is working well BUT the IP address is 192.168.1.1. I went crazy as I could not access my files until I had a "Duh" moment and changed the IP address on my shares.

Now I can access my files, read, write, etc. but in the WebGUI I cannot see and or check much of anything. The only non windows that I can see are the services and system info. All else says "Loading..." and then remains blank. I am sure that this is also related to the changing of the IP with the new router and in reading for the last 4 days I suspect that it may have something to do with an incorrectly "Bound IP??"

I would have thought that the system would update automatically with a change of IP but apparently that is not so. I there an easy way to fix this?

Hopefully this is enough info for a fix. Anything else you guys need let me know. I would think that this could be a common problem but....

Thank you in advance.

warri

Guru
Usually the system uses DHCP, so it changes automatically. You can manually configure your network setting from the shell at the server (hook up a monitor) if this didn't work out.

But also your version is quite ancient, I'd recommend you to upgrade to the newest 8.x release which is 8.3.2.

dcdah

Dabbler
Thanks for your reply. The IP for the WebGUI is updated correctly but for some reason nothing in the web interface is showing up. Cannot "see" the health of my zpools or space still available, etc. If I am going to upgrade why not upgrade to the most recent release? Thanks again.

warri

Guru
Sure, you can also grab the 9.1.1 release :)
I'd say upgrade your FreeNAS (via CD/ISO if possible) and see if the error resolves itself.

Either use a second USB stick or backup your configuration database before (it should be located at /data/freenas-v1.db), so that you can always to back to your current version.

dcdah

Dabbler
Well I guess I will have to back up the configuration database to a usb stick manually as I cannot see the backup config in the webgui , will have to research it and see how to do it. Hopefully if I upgrade to this version then all will be well but...

From my reading on here it seems to be a problem with the Lighttpd.conf file and the binding. I looked at it in shell and the server.bind = "0.0.0.0" which I thought was wild card so that it would take whatever the DHCP gave it. I sure don't want to lose my data (I have full use of it now) but I would like to be able to "see" what is going on.

Thanks again for trying to help. :)

Dusan

Guru
Did you try a different browser? There were reports of parts of the GUI not being visible/working when being accessed by some browsers.

dcdah

Dabbler
Holy Cow Dusan!!!! I have been using Firefox forever and never even thought of that. Used IE and everything popped up. I wonder what is causing the GUI to not be visible in Firefox. Hope next upgrade fixes that problem. Thanks so much for the idea and your help. Appreciate it more than you know. :D

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi dcduh,

Clear your browser cache. For grins, let me throw out a shameless plug for "CCleaner"....google "CCleaner builds" & grab the slim one.

Note: if you do this pay attention to the options you select to clean as it can remove cookies & such.

-Will

dcdah

Dabbler
survive... did as you suggested and also disabled adblock on the webgui and still no joy with firefox. Works with IE from any computer. Okay then. Thanks.

Dusan

Guru
Holy Cow Dusan!!!! I have been using Firefox forever and never even thought of that. Used IE and everything popped up. I wonder what is causing the GUI to not be visible in Firefox. Hope next upgrade fixes that problem. Thanks so much for the idea and your help. Appreciate it more than you know. :D
Interesting. I use Firefox and it works perfectly with FreeNAS (well, except this small issue: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/2425). It was usually IE (mostly IE10) people were complaining about.

dcdah

Dabbler
I know this is late but.... I had a computer that I was using for work at a remote site without internet. Brought it back how to do my Windows updates and it was still running Firefox 24 something. When I checked it on the FREENAS server the WebGUI worked like it is supposed to. It updated to Firefox 25 and the WebGUI stopped responding. So it must be something that Firefox did.

dcdah

Dabbler
Just an update... after last nights post. I upgraded my FreeNAS from version 8.0.4 p2 x64 to 9.1.1 this morning and everything is working as it should be again. Thanks so much to those that attempted to help. You guys are great. :D

gpsguy

I use the ESR (extended support release) of Firefox. Currently at 24.1.1

It's updated on the same frequency as the normal version, but doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles.

It updated to Firefox 25 and the WebGUI stopped responding.

Dusan

Guru
It updated to Firefox 25 and the WebGUI stopped responding. So it must be something that Firefox did.
I currently use Firefox 25 and it works perfectly with FreeNAS, so it must be related to your installation, not Firefox in general.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm running 25.0.1 and I'm having no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.