New Plugin For Testing - CrucibleWDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdd49

Cadet
Hello all,

I am the developer of an open source program called CrucibleWDS. It is a web based computer imaging / cloning program that can be used to rapidly deploy any number of machines. Supporting unicast and multicast. I have recently created a plugin and I am looking for testers. You can read about the program at http://cruciblewds.org as well as download the plugin there. I am also looking to have this added to the FreeNAS repository. In reading the Wiki, it says to create a forum post to submit a new plugin, so that is what I have done. If I should be trying to submit the plugin via other means please let me know.

Edit:
Here is the official installation guide with pbi download link.
http://docs.cruciblewds.org/2.2.0/r1/install-on-freenas.html

Thanks

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think the preferred method is to summit a bug at bugs.freenas.org with the PBI attached. at least that's what I do because the freenas team regularly screens those.

aran kaspar

Explorer
Just installed the CrucibleWDS plugin and all my Plugins/Jails have vanished. Rebooted to no avail. why?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just installed the CrucibleWDS plugin and all my Plugins/Jails have vanished. Rebooted to no avail. why?
nothing shows under the jails tab? what does the 'jls' command show?

aran kaspar

Explorer
Just installed the CrucibleWDS plugin out of curiosity and all my Plugins/Jails have vanished. Rebooted to no avail. Errmmm... anyone ever see this happen ?

2jalrpe.png

1zh16ae.png

aran kaspar

Explorer
Sorry for the double post, wasn't intentional.

Jls command results nothing but an empty list for the columns
JID <> IP address <> hostname <> path

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the double post, wasn't intentional.

Jls command results nothing but an empty list for the columns
JID <> IP address <> hostname <> path
Strange, FreeNAS forgot about your installed jails!? Are the jail datasets still there?

aran kaspar

Explorer
Strange, FreeNAS forgot about your installed jails!? Are the jail datasets still there?
The jails folder is still there but it's empty with the exception of the warden.

Luckily I just migrated to this volume and exported my old one leaving the volume intact.
I'll have to restore from it as some sort of backup just for the jails.

Can't think of anything else...

My last words before clicking install were literally "hope this doesn't futz anything up"

Status
Not open for further replies.