1) mount -rw /
2) pkg_add /media/aa9x-amd64.tgz
3) reboot freenas

'dmesg | grep aac' gives...

KLD file aacu.ko - could not finalize loading

Please help! o_O

Sam Lawrence

Cadet
i have also tried to load aacu64.ko using 'kldload' but i get the error " kldload: can't load /boot/modules/aacu64.ko: Exec format error"

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Since the .ko file won't load you'll have to compile the driver into FreeNAS. If you can't or don't know how, my recommendation is to put a ticket in at bugs.freenas.org and wait for developers to add support for the controller.

In the meantime, you should consider getting an IBM M1015 as it'll do the same function as your Adaptec card, is cheaper than your Adaptec card, and is fully compatible with FreeNAS out of the box.

Sam Lawrence

Cadet
:'( i thought it was going to end up that way... Thanks! i'll attempt to compile it in myself, do you have good references for this?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Just Google for any available FreeBSD documentation on compiling drivers. There's no good guides here because 99.9% of users are either too noobly to figure it out in a reasonable period of time or they will know how to do it with no documentation. The fact that you are asking the questions you are tells me you are probably in the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.