New GUI improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stux

MVP
Dead, older, and still sexier.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WARNING: Coral may be sexy, but its still dead, and bad for your data's health.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnus33

Patron
Dead it is but its UI just worked.

Keeping to the black and white scheme for the main UI then using color for the graphics .
Simple and very easy to read but still had a modern field.

The new UI has gone from bad to worse with a color scheme that looks like it was ripped directly from windows 8.
We all know how well that worked for Microsoft so why the heck are they using it.

Also there no customizability at all which was a big selling feature for corral as it let you select the info you needed.

Its understandable that a new UI takes time but this is actually getting worse and total ignoring what worked in corral.

Also there talk about the need to get it working first then do major upgrades later which frankly makes no sense.
The old Ui is still there and still works fine even if its quite outdated.
This means the new UI can be perfected then released as there no urgent need for it from a functional stand point.

SRSR333

Dabbler
I agree with the above poster. They should just implement the Corral UI.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This is going nowhere. I'll open a new thread when 11.1 comes out and am closing this one. There simply isn't anything constructive being added. Short recap of unconstructive suggestions:
  • Use the Corral GUI
The framework it used was abandoned. The Corral GUI was going to be replaced anyway.
  • Replicate Corral's GUI
That's a lot of work with dubious value. If there's a particular aspect that you feel would be beneficial, please be specific.
  • We don't need a new GUI
Yes, we do. The issues that the old one has are well documented. It's tolerable, but FreeNAS needs more than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.