New Ethernet message on Start-up Help Please

ejn1111

Dabbler
Freenas Screenshot.JPG

Hi all, I know this hard to read. But previously, on the boot screen menu that appears after the Freenas boots up, It would just end after the statement "Enter an Option 1-11"

Now it gives the messages after that statement. It starts with bridge0: Ethernet address: [a MAC address], then under that it has "epair0a: Ethernet address: [MAC address]

then another epair0b statement

I can still enter a number 1-11 like normal but just getting this additional information and not sure why its listing.

The ethernet connections and FreeNas seem to be working as normal. Appreciate any insights! Thanks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It's a kernel message. See the bright white? The kernel is putting out status change messages to the console as networking stuff is configured in the background. It's fine, harmless, normal, disregard.

ejn1111

Dabbler
It's a kernel message. See the bright white? The kernel is putting out status change messages to the console as networking stuff is configured in the background. It's fine, harmless, normal, disregard.
Many thanks for confirming. I can see the color but didnt know the significance. I had just connected the Intel X520-Da2 card to a fiber 10G connection so maybe that is the trigger.

Last edited: