Networking Issue.

darksoul

Dabbler
I have a interesting issue.. I switched over to trueNAS scale form core. and After the upgrade I removed my intel 4x1GiB card and added a intel x520-DA2 with 2 10G Fiber SFP+ this is going into 2 10G SFP+ ports in a Aruba switch. and across 1G copper (haven't ran my fiber drop yet) to a second Aruba Switch to my desktop running another x520-DA2 but only a single SFP 10G, the desktop also has a 1 G copper Nic in it.

So just FYI, originally the trueNAS was running on 2x1GiB with a fail-over LACP fail-over lagg. and i was able to connect to the trueNAS scale fine. everything worked. no issues.

After changing over to the 2x10G LACP lagg (load balanced) I cannot connect to the TrueNas Scale. but if i switch over to the 1G Copper i can connect to it fine. if i RDS into another Machine i can connect to the trueNAS fine. On 10 gig i cannot connect to the web/ssh/samba but i can connect to the dock-lets running on the lag with the same ip and different ports. so i can connect to 10.10.10.5:20489 and net data pulls up just fine. but i cant connect to 10.10.10.5:443 or 80 and get the web interface. I can also connect to the Linux VM running on the server bonded to the same LAGG.

Also if i ssh into the trueNAS machine from another server. i can ssh to any other server except my server with the 10G fiber.

it almost acts like a routing issue but ill be damned if i can figure out how becasue i can still connect to the VM's and the Dock-lets.

Truenas Scale 22.02.4
Supermicro Server with 82.6 Gig ECC DDR3 memory
2 Xenon 5670's 12 Core 24 threads 2.93Ghz
10 Segate Enterprise SAS3 4tb Drives z1 2 Spares
1 256G nvme that is used for cache and log
1 128G boot disk
1 Intel x520-DA2 Fiber Card with INTEL Certified SFP modules

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I have a interesting issue.. I switched over to trueNAS scale form core. and After the upgrade I removed my intel 4x1GiB card and added a intel x520-DA2 with 2 10G Fiber SFP+ this is going into 2 10G SFP+ ports in a Aruba switch. and across 1G copper (haven't ran my fiber drop yet) to a second Aruba Switch to my desktop running another x520-DA2 but only a single SFP 10G, the desktop also has a 1 G copper Nic in it.

So just FYI, originally the trueNAS was running on 2x1GiB with a fail-over LACP fail-over lagg. and i was able to connect to the trueNAS scale fine. everything worked. no issues.

After changing over to the 2x10G LACP lagg (load balanced) I cannot connect to the TrueNas Scale. but if i switch over to the 1G Copper i can connect to it fine. if i RDS into another Machine i can connect to the trueNAS fine. On 10 gig i cannot connect to the web/ssh/samba but i can connect to the dock-lets running on the lag with the same ip and different ports. so i can connect to 10.10.10.5:20489 and net data pulls up just fine. but i cant connect to 10.10.10.5:443 or 80 and get the web interface. I can also connect to the Linux VM running on the server bonded to the same LAGG.

Also if i ssh into the trueNAS machine from another server. i can ssh to any other server except my server with the 10G fiber.

it almost acts like a routing issue but ill be damned if i can figure out how becasue i can still connect to the VM's and the Dock-lets.

Truenas Scale 22.02.4
Supermicro Server with 82.6 Gig ECC DDR3 memory
2 Xenon 5670's 12 Core 24 threads 2.93Ghz
10 Segate Enterprise SAS3 4tb Drives z1 2 Spares
1 256G nvme that is used for cache and log
1 128G boot disk
1 Intel x520-DA2 Fiber Card with INTEL Certified SFP modules

There are lots of IP settings involved..... can you document them all.

IP gateways are commonly misconfigured....