Networking issue with VirtualBox jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozland

Cadet
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue and I'm pretty lost right now... I'm not terrible in Linux as I'm still learning and I'm having even more issues when I need to work on BSD jails so I'd rather ask for help then crap something out.

So basically I installed a VirtualBox jail on my FreeNAS (physical install on USB drive). On the VirtualBox I installed a VM which has CentOS7 installed on it.

My PC has the IP address of : 192.168.2.10
My FreeNAS : 192.168.2.2
My VirtualBox : 192.168.2.11
The CentOS VM : 192.168.2.4

The VM is set in bridge mode and can communication with the rest of my network (my PC, my router or externally).

My PC can communicate with the Virtualbox IP address, however if I want to simply PING the CentOS it doesn't work, I get "DESTINATION HOST UNREACHABLE".

I'm thinking it might be something blocking on the Virtualbox jail itself going inward to the VMs but I can't find it.

Anyone would know?

Thanks!

Ozland

Cadet
I'm not sure, I'm guessing it should.

I would at least be getting ping timeouts and not destination host unreachable if it wasn't allowed by default.

My main goal is to SSH to the CentOS however if I can't even reach it with pings from my PC it's a bad start.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I have no experience of CentOS, I just Googled your issue and it seemed to be a pretty common problem, regardless of VirtualBox. I guess CentOS is aimed at the enterprise and defaults to very tight control?

Hopefully someone else will show up here who actually knows something about this, since all I'm really doing is waving my hands around...

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
This sounds fish to me. Are you sure things are configured for bridge mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.