Need your help for my first FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowsys

Cadet
Hello Community :),

First of all i want to apologize for my bad english and all the mistakes.:oops:

I started a small project at home, where i use an 10 inch rack enclosure.

The space in the enclosure is small but i figured it out how to put all my stuff inside and i need to use the Chiefcase CaseIX-01B-OP. I will post some pics when i am ready with all.

Now the last step is a NAS, first i wanted to get a QNAP but now i decided to build my first FreeNAS since the v10 match all my requirements on the first look and i heard many good thing about it (by the way i absolutely love eye candy :D and in my opinion the new WebGUI is awesome.)

After reading a few Guides for Beginner i can say that i have only a limited budget and want to use the same "cheap" board, which i use for my Sophos UTM 9.4 to. The Build would look like this:

Case: Chieftec case IX-01B-OP Link
Board: GA-N3150N-D3V (Dual NIC) Link
CPU: Built-in Intel® Celeron™ N3150 (1.6 GHz) quad-core processor
RAM: 2x Kingston Technology 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L (PC3-12800) 1.35V Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM Link
HDD: 2x Seagate 4TB Barracuda 2.5 Inch (ST4000LM024) in RAID 1 Link
PSU: similar to - PicoPSU-90, Cyncronix 90W 12V DC-DC ATX mini-ITX Link
Powersupply: LEICKE Powersupply 60W 12V 5A 5,5*2,5mm Link
Boot-Device: 2x SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB USB 3.0 Link
Fan: 2x NOCTUA NF-A4X10-FLX 5V Link

I would like to Backup my Computers and Notebooks that i have at home via Acronis True Image and run Nextcloud as a VM or a Jail (i dont know what is the correct one since i have no experience with FreeNAS). On top i want to add Zoneminder as a VM or Jail in the near future.

I have read about the ECC Ram, but i couldn't find any RAM Modules that are compatible with the Board...

What do you girls and boys think about the Build, is it okay for my needs and will i get into any trouble with it? I use nearly the same Build for my UTM 9.4 and it runs excellent.

I would appreciate if someone can help me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.