Need validation on SSD move along with 11.1->11.2 update process

anon4324239685

Dabbler
Hi community, first time poster here!
I currently have a R710 system running on 11.1 U7 and I've been running this on a mirrored usb drive for more than 1.5 year with only 1 usb failure. I want to increase the reliability of the boot system and move the OS to an ssd. I would also like to update from 11.1 to 11.2 since Plex doesn't support 11.1 anymore.

So I bought a Kingston 120gb A400 ssd along with the ssd caddy and I'm looking for validation or feedback of what I'm about to do. Let's review the following:
  1. Prepare new usb drive with 11.2 installation.
  2. Turn off server and replace CD-Rom with SSD.
  3. Remove both old 11.1 usb boot drive and replace with 11.2 installation.
  4. Install on SSD and boot to the new OS.
  5. Import old 11.1 config.
  6. Reinstall Plex on new jails and import old Plex Data.
Did I forgot something? Is that as easy as I think it is?

Bonus question: when evrything's done, how do I decommission old warden jails data & whatnot? Is there any command to do so?

Thank you for your support.

ThreeDee

Guru
just a "possible" heads up potential issue .. I've had issues making an installation USB drive in Windows. I resorted to burning the ISO image to a cd/dvd and installing via that media instead of from a USB drive. Making the USB installer on a MAC seems to work better than from Windows though.

Once you get everything working in IOCage jails .. then I believe you can just delete the old Warden jails and call it good. I just recreated my jails in IOCage once I upgraded and did a completely fresh install .. recreated shares, etc .. that may be why I don't have a lot of issues that some others have.. dono.

I've since reinstalled when I made the switch to an SSD and that time I reloaded my saved config file without issue.

my configuration is listed in my sig

anon4324239685

Dabbler
I just remembered that I never reported back and it went as smoothly as I thought it would back then.