Need some help with "File Browser" plugin

panzerscope

Contributor
Hello all,

I recently installed File Browser on my TrueNas Scale install (22.02.2). I am wanting a server based GUI for browsing my files and this seems like it will do the job. However still being a noob, I am having troubles.

I have installed the File Browser plugin but I am unsure where I configure the users who would be able to login to the File Browser interface, I think I know where to assign what storage it can see, but at a loss with the users.

Hoping someone out there using File Browser can give me a headsup :)

All the best,
P

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Settings | User Management ... probably obvious from there.

I would change the admin password first...

panzerscope

Contributor
Settings | User Management ... probably obvious from there.

I would change the admin password first...
Where would that be ? I know you have a user permissions etc for TrueNas itself but with respects to the app, if you go to edit the apps settings I cannot see where you manage the users. . When I say "Edit the apps setting" see the screenshot below.

1656280195662.png

If the user access settings is done within the File Browser UI, that would be an issue as I cannot login to it, that is why I am stumped as it seems you have to assign users who can use the app first, before you can login via its UI as below.

1656280221598.png

danb35

Hall of Famer
TrueCharts uses the default username/password whenever possible, so "filebrowser default login" would be a good thing to Google. If you did that, you'd see that the default username and password are both admin. And those do indeed work in the TrueChart FileBrowser app. From there, go where @sretalla said and you'll be set.

panzerscope

Contributor
TrueCharts uses the default username/password whenever possible, so "filebrowser default login" would be a good thing to Google. If you did that, you'd see that the default username and password are both admin. And those do indeed work in the TrueChart FileBrowser app. From there, go where @sretalla said and you'll be set.

Thanks for the info, I will remember that in future for other TrueChart apps.

I am now attempting to mount my TrueNas storage into the App so that when I load into File Browser, I can access my storage pool. I have configured it in the following area, but upon reloading the app, it does not seem to have been mounted. This is where I have configured additional app storage for other apps with success. So maybe I am missing something ?

1656347848819.png

danb35

Hall of Famer
So maybe I am missing something ?
Perhaps, but I couldn't say for sure. TrueCharts has their own Discord channel; I understand that's their primary support channel.

panzerscope

Contributor
Perhaps, but I couldn't say for sure. TrueCharts has their own Discord channel; I understand that's their primary support channel.
I will look it up and see if they can help. But if anyone here knows the solution, please still chime in.

crk1918

Dabbler
I will look it up and see if they can help. But if anyone here knows the solution, please still chime in.
I believe you can only mount /data inside of the container, so don't configure additional app storage other than/data or just config "App Data Storage" that TrueCharts provide will do.

If you want to mount multiple directories:
https://github.com/hurlenko/filebrowser-docker/issues/4

reference:
https://github.com/truecharts/catalog/blob/main/stable/filebrowser/4.0.7/ix_values.yaml