Need help setting up OwnCloud with SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianwi

Guru
I'd also be tempted to remove the links to your owncloud set-up earlier in the thread. Some unscruplious folk might see that and try to break in :o Fail2Ban next :D

rodofrn

Contributor
Having established this, getting a trusted cert working from letsencrypt should be a no-brainer at this point. Follow the instructions I posted to get the cert, and change the ssl_certificate and ssl_certificate_key lines to point to the new files. Snapshot first if you want to be ultra-cautious, or just save a copy of nginx.conf if you want to be reasonably cautious.
Gotcha danb35, thank you VERY MUCH for everything you did to help me set this up..! Thanks mate.

rodofrn

Contributor
I'd also be tempted to remove the links to your owncloud set-up earlier in the thread. Some unscruplious folk might see that and try to break in :eek: Fail2Ban next :D
AHAHHA, thanks for the tip...i took it out in all places where I put it. Also, will look into fail2ban next...thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@rodofrn
I'd remove the customizations I suggested to the config.php file from the guide. those enable some caching that might be causing stuff not to load

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'd also check your logs in /media/owncloud.log and enable logging in nginx and check them in /use/local/etc/nginx

rodofrn

Contributor
Hello guys, I followed the instructions danb35 provided in this post, and the certificate was fine, but it did NOT get renewed like it was supposed to, and now the site tells me that the certificate is invalid. Can someone please help me renew it? and have it renew forever? Thanks in advance.
Couple of things i have tried:

I have run the letsencrypt.sh -c command and it returns this:

root@ownCloud:/ # letsencrypt.sh -c
# INFO: Using main config file /usr/local/etc/letsencrypt.sh/config.sh
Processing freenasowncloud.info
+ Checking domain name(s) of existing cert... unchanged.
+ Checking expire date of existing cert...
+ Valid till Aug 9 03:30:00 2016 GMT (Less than 30 days). Renewing!
+ Signing domains...
+ Generating signing request...
+ Requesting challenge for freenasowncloud.info...
root@ownCloud:/ #

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.