Need help setting permissions in Transmission...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKman

Explorer
Once you have permissions set to your liking, Try rebooting freenas. Once I was having these types issues but for some reason it's now fixed.

SilverJS

Patron
OK, well looks like doing a chown for transmission on the watch folder (had already done it to the Finished folder) did it! All's working well now. Thanks to all for the help!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SilverJS

Patron
OK - this is really weird. As you saw in my above post, I had been using my tablet this morning (still in bed - heh). Everything was working fine in the tablet, both on the web interface and on the Android Transmission app. But then, when I went on my HTPC (Transmission Remote GUI) - I encountered the very same problem as before!!!

So I just deleted my connection, re-connected, and all is good! Weird...I wonder if this was the problem all along...?? Anyhow, just a placeholder for anybody Googling this in the future.

Cheers!

SilverJS

Patron
Thanks again for all your (very patient!) help! =)

JKman

Explorer
like i said i noticed some strange behaviour when i was going through similar process. thats why i said get permissions to your liking then reboot. glad you are all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.