Need help in NYC - Willing to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogregev

Cadet
I'm in Staten Island, NY and I need help configuring a new FreeNAS box. It has a Highpoint RocketRaid 3560 that I need to get working.

Also, my old FreeNAS server just died. I need to get a boot drive configured and talking to the data drives (which I assume are good).

I'm looking to pay someone to come onsite and spend a few hours configuring it.

cubix

I had my spam reporting hat on and saw the topic..

If no one picks you up on your offer, try asking the friendly forum people for assistance when you get stuck.

ogregev

Cadet
"If no one picks you up on your offer, try asking the friendly forum people for assistance when you get stuck. "

I tried that once before, but the answers were along the lines of "install the driver". What driver? How do I load it? How do I get to "root"? I'm a PC/Windows guy. I can't even get a CD-ROM to work with this thing, so I can't get the driver into the computer. Then there's the whole issue of should I format the data drives? Did I format the drives? Basically, I got Freenas 7 up and running, but it couldn't mount the 28TB array, then it died and I couldn't get it to boot again. I went through 5 CD drives and 4 hard drives. I couldn't get Freenas 8 to work with the card at all.

THEN my Freenas 6 HTPC server with two 7TB arrays vanished off the network. The kids are going through movie withdrawal. The whole point was to migrate it to the new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.