Need Help accessing Nextcloud externally

teagodhika

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

I have had Truenas(on a dedicated NAS) working as desired for some time now, but for the last few months I have been trying to access it remotely, I have watched and read many guides on how to set up Nextcloud to be accessed remotely Via a DNS.

So far I have :
Nextcloud working locally
A DNS that is redirecting me to the Truenas page
A static IP

I have port forwarded the IP of my NAS to 8080 after reading a few posts.
I access Nextcloud locally via the NASIP :8283.
I've tried forwarding 80443, 8283 and 8080 all of which either direct my DNS to my truenas or Router homepage.

I'm quite lost as to where I'm going wrong...

victort

Guru
Hi Everyone,

I have had Truenas(on a dedicated NAS) working as desired for some time now, but for the last few months I have been trying to access it remotely, I have watched and read many guides on how to set up Nextcloud to be accessed remotely Via a DNS.

So far I have :
Nextcloud working locally
A DNS that is redirecting me to the Truenas page
A static IP
Did you use the plug-in, or this handy script to install it? If you used the plug-in, and you don’t have tons of data there already, I highly recommend switching to the script as it allows much much more flexibility for reinstalling and other things.
I have port forwarded the IP of my NAS to 8080 after reading a few posts.
I access Nextcloud locally via the NASIP :8283.
I've tried forwarding 80443, 8283 and 8080 all of which either direct my DNS to my truenas or Router homepage.
Are you typing in your domain name with the port externally? e.g. mynextcloud.myhome.com:8283
I'm quite lost as to where I'm going wrong...

teagodhika

Cadet
Did you use the plug-in, or this handy script to install it? If you used the plug-in, and you don’t have tons of data there already, I highly recommend switching to the script as it allows much much more flexibility for reinstalling and other things.

Are you typing in your domain name with the port externally? e.g. mynextcloud.myhome.com:8283
I used the plug-in, and there already is a sizeable amount of data stored.

and yes that's what I tried to do.