Need drivers for QLogic BR-815 on FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Intellys

Dabbler
We have VMWare and currently run Windows 2012 R2 Storage Spaces to iSCSI targets. It works okay, but I would like to setup some Fiber Channel HBAs into a host to test the feasibility of going to more of a SAN layout. I am running things on commodity hardware and need to keep our costs down while increasing performance. I have a SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F system with dual Xeon E5-2620 CPUs and 128 GB of RAM. I have 30 Samsung 850EVO 1 TB drives in it. I have a QLogic BR-815 HBA connected to an 24-port Fiber Channel switch. The first host I have connected via all this is a SuperMicro X9DAX with dual E5-2670 CPUs, 256 GB RAM and another QLogic BR-815 HBA into the same Fiber Channel switch.

The problem I am having is getting the appropriate drivers for the QLogic BR-815 HBA on FreeNAS.

m0nkey_

MVP
FreeNAS is an appliance, so loading your own kernel module to enable hardware support is not advisable. Any modifications will be wiped when the system software is upgraded.

Please check the FreeBSD 10.3 hardware compatibility list for a complete list of supported devices: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.3R/hardware.html

Don Intellys

Dabbler
Good to know. I will look at Openfiler, then. One of the better FC cards, the HP Storage Works 81Q isn't supported by this. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.