Necro-threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
I'll simply add that a quick review of signatures here suggests a wide variety of FreeNAS versions being used, going back to 9.2.x

While I may be happy riding on the "current release - stable" train, plenty here use older versions of FreeNAS and will likely need some hand holding when they try to implement something in that version of the OS. Yes, solutions may be years old... so is the design of the motherboard in my Mini XL.

I'm not a big fan of auto-locking; a pop-up warning to the user that they're about to answer in a years-old thread seems like a better solution. If the user persists in raising lots of zombie issues repeatedly then the problem is with the user, not the thread that is/was resting in peace. As a moderator, you'll have the same issue with that user spewing new threads on old topics as resurrecting old ones.

The solution to the user problem is the same in both instances: A quiet talk behind the woodshed followed by sanctions as needs dictate.

joeschmuck

Old Man
going back to 9.2.x
I just answered someone using 8.x so it goes back to when I started with FreeNAS, a long time ago in a land far far away.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I found this "necro warning" on community.spiceworks.com/ and wondered if we could
incorporate something like this into our forum???
necrowarning.JPG

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That is probably something that can be achieved with plugins, but it's probably going to wait until the forum moves to XenForo 2 to minimize the migration hassles.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
From a users perspective, I can say that this was placed right where your reply window is at the bottom
of the page. It was very noticeable and I can't recall seeing anything like it before (? memory challenged:oops: ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.