My Smart TV requries PLEX 1.18 cannot seem to upgrade the freenas Plex plugin

Simon Bingham

Dabbler
FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)
plex 1.12

Really I'm just incredibly busy and my kids and us play movies on our Samsung smart TV using the PLEX application and plex on my freenas
My tv now says I need PLEX 1.18 at least. This has worked fine for years.
On free NAS I cannot seem to upgrade PLEX.

What is absolutely the easiest way I can play movies on my TV off my media server. The method that is the easiest to setup?

Thanks. Simon

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Well first you're going to have to upgrade your server so you can upgrade your jail, the version of FreeNAS you are on is quite old and no longer supported. Make sure you upgrade incrementally (11, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 12) and don't just jump to the latest version.

Simon Bingham

Dabbler
Well first you're going to have to upgrade your server so you can upgrade your jail, the version of FreeNAS you are on is quite old and no longer supported. Make sure you upgrade incrementally (11, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 12) and don't just jump to the latest version.
Thankyou I did exactly that, I have upgraded all the way to Truenas, to be honest, the thought the upgrade process was going to involve a lot of pain but it was really easy via the GUI, I followed the upgrade path from
9.10 > 11.1 > 11.3 > 12.0
I've re-setup PLEX and this looks like its working now.
Thanks. for your assistance