My freenas just poweroff

Status
Not open for further replies.

tola5

Cadet
Hi I have a problem my freenas just poweroff when in use I have try to look for som settings abut power but can se any there can help it happen oftten wgen I se plex but dont think it can be heat there are good air flow :( hope you guys can help

Noctris

Contributor
I'll save mod the trouble ;-)

Please post hardware, freenas version and other relevant information besides "it just powered off". What were you doing when it happened ?

tola5

Cadet
HW cant remeber what MB but cpu and ram can I se in web interface right will post it when I get up it late in Denmark but freenas is 9.3 and it just power off when I use plex and some time I just came home and it off dont know why :( mor info in the morning :)

Noctris

Contributor
For any decent troubleshooting, you will have to get ALL details, not just the info from the webinterface. Amount of ram and type of cpu is a start but people who want to help you need motherboard type (for chipset) ,type of NIC , disks and general information beyond "it just turns off when i run plex" ( Since when is this box running ? How long have you had the issue ? when did it start ? Dit freenas run ok before installing the plex jail ?)

tola5

Cadet
Ok lot of info I know not relatet just remove it go back to clean linux

Noctris

Contributor
I just hope i didn't wrong you by taking that chance away from you ;-)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I just hope i didn't wrong you by taking that chance away from you ;-)

I have no particular desire to be first responder on every post. There was a time when this community was much smaller, which placed a heavy load on a small number of us who undertook the task, and the thing that is always such a pleasant surprise these days is that so often I'll pick a thread, and find that someone else has (or several someone elses have) already posted a very good answer. For example, I very nearly didn't bother with my response over at

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/balancing-performance-and-resources.34820/#post-208865

but I thought I could extend the already good advice with a little further information. But more often than not, I'm left with nothing to say, and, y'know, that's fine with me.

Noctris

Contributor
It was meant more as a joke knowing you guys have been working really hard here. I've read a lot on these forums in my searches before building. And the same names always pop-up together with, unfortunately, the same posts you have to do time and time again: "give all hw info", "no 2Gb of ram is not enough" etc.. so i figured, maybe it became such a habbit of posting those same posts, that you might miss it when someone else asks the questions you had to ask a thousand times over ;-)

gpsguy

We welcome and appreciate your willingness to help out.

Noctris

Contributor
You are very welcome. I try to give back the little i can, when i can, since these types of projects pretty much give me possibilities i otherwise would not have had ( rock solid storage, same for projects like pfsense and others) and mostly depend on a couple of people willing to spend their time to help others.. so i'm trying to put some more effort into giving back ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.