Multiple vlans in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

idave

Cadet
Hello.

In my network I currently have this setup: I have a DMZ vlan that only has a "DMZ" machine inside. On that machine I have installed nginx as a reverse HTTP proxy. All web traffic goes to that machine, then to the internal server that is supposed to serve a specific website/webpage through a point-to-point link. Each machine that is supposed to serve external content has two interfaces: one that is a point-to-point to the DMZ box, and the other one on my internal/management network.

I also have FreeNAS set up as follows
- bge0 is my main network card
- vlan1 is the vlan interface for management and normal network traffic, has IP 192.168.1.15/22
- I have a jail with Sickbeard installed, IP address 192.168.1.17/22.

I would like to set up a point-to-point link from inside the Sickbeard jail to the DMZ machine. Note that I would like FreeNAS itself only to pass through this traffic, it shouldn't have to know anything about it nor should FreeNAS itself be routable from the point-to-point.
Also, the Sickbeard jail should still have another interface on the management vlan.

My idea is to set up a vlan for this point-to-point, and put the dmz machine and the sickbeard jail on it, then set up a second interface inside the sickbeard jail for this traffic.

Is this possible? How could I achieve this?

Thanks!

idave

Cadet
Nope. However, I found a bug in the Jails script, for which I will submit a report soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.