Multiple NICs and separate networks for jails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldstrom

Cadet
Hi,
I'm a bit stuck at how to configure my network now that I've successfully shifted to 8.20B3 and am trying to use the jail plug-ins. Current configuration is my home network ethernet port bg01 is 10.0.2.2 (by DHCP) and have added an alias of 10.02.3 to that port (bg01) which I thought I should use for the jails.

I'd like to have jails going to 2 separate networks (I have 3 physical ethernet ports on my server and four networks, each coming off one of my firewall's 4 ports). One freeNAS server port (em0) is configured for my DMZ and get's a DHCP address of 10.0.4.2, the other (em1 is not yet connected).

It seems that if I use the jail plugins, I have to put the jails on one of the physical ports and put it on the DMZ, and then use my firewall to connect any services I would want on my home network (mail, media and VOIP virtual servers). That does not seem ideal.

Can I add additional plugin-jails on different networks?

Is there another way to set this up that I'm missing?

I've uploaded the miniDLNA plug-in, but am not able to start it with my current settings.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
David

J

James

At this time, the plugin architecture only supports one plugin jail. This is expected to change in the future, though I'm not sure if it will be for 8.2 release or later.

Goldstrom

Cadet
Thanks for the reply.
So, is the intent that the plugin jail goes to an alias on the home network.... i.e. if the NAS is 10.0.2.10 then the alias should be something already set aside outside the DHCP range, for example 10.0.2.11?

I think I'll also try to manually set up and build additional jails outside the plugin jail, and perhaps reinstall them when upgrades come along.

freeNAS has been working great for me for a year now.... looking forward to the added functionality of the plugin jail!

Status
Not open for further replies.