Move data/settings from Old FreeNAS PC to New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepak Agarwal

Explorer
Hi Everyone

Please note this is not the same post as one of my earlier posts - may look similar but the needs are different.

I am trying to move everything (data and settings) from my old FreeNAS box (running build 9.1.1, 32 bit) to my new box (running build 9.2.1, 64 bit) with a new motherboard, CPU and RAM (in an old casing) and 2 loaded physical HDD's - these HDD's were being used in my old box up until now.

My old box already has (build 9.1.1, 32 bit) :-
1. an established and working SSH connection with public key authentication from another Windows 7, 64 bit PC to it
2. new user(s) set up on it with the appropriate permissions
3. appropriate permissions on the authorized_keys folder(s) and other relevant file(s)/folder(s) for all things to work as I need it

The set up, as it currently stands, facilitates the desired access on all the devices as required, the specified backup processes on external HDD's on a desired schedule with both pre and post backup jobs

I don't want to change any of that and I also don't want to do it all over again. Hence, I need to know - if I were to just upload the config file from my old FreeNAS box to my FreeNAS box (I have saved a copy of the current config file from my old FreeNAS box on a PC other than the these FreeNAS PC's - not sure if the 32 bit and the 64 bit installations would make a difference to the config file) - would :-

1. both of these HDD's (both volumes are unencrypted) be visible and accessible on the new FreeNAS box after doing either "Auto Import"/"Import" on this new PC (build 9.2.1, 64 bit)
2. the current SSH connection with pubic key authentication and all other settings including the user definition, file/folder permissions etc. etc. continue to work on this new setup

Any assistance on this would be highly appreciated.

Deepak

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
remove USB boot drive and Data drives from old pc

insert into new pc

turn on

Deepak Agarwal

Explorer
What about the settings details - config file stuff?

How will I get those on the new one without having redo them?

Deepak

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
The GUI has a backup option, and then you restore after the move....

Sent from my Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.