.Mov files corrupted after moving to NAS drive

JWolfe

Dabbler
So here's an update.......... It is finally working.

Unfortunately I don't have a specific thing to post that was the catalyst that caused it to work.

What I do know is that I got so frustrated with the host machine that I finally wiped and reformatted the drive. After that I reinstalled the original MacOS software on it because I thought I would use it again for something (I don't know what).

Anyway, me not being able to leave things alone caused me to reinstall the TrueNAS OS on this machine again and this time try a different hard drive than the original one that kept corrupting my files. Install went great, created a screen capture video, transferred it over to the drive, and NO corruption. I also decided to add the original hard drive in to the mix and try it again. I created a new pool, and NO corruption.

Like I said I have no idea what caused it to work. I had reinstalled the TrueNAS OS on this machine a couple of different times trying to rectify the problem and it never fixed the issue. I am glad that it is working now so that I can move on in the learning curve.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that that the host machine I was using to connect to the NAS crashed I had to reload the OS on it as well. I am not sure whether this had any impact in my case, but nevertheless it is working.

Thanks to all that read and offered help / suggestions.