Mount points for qbittorrent

Looks like the permissions didn't apply recursively. You might have to go into the GUI -> Pools -> and apply the ACL recursively for your Media dataset.

Another thing to ask: Is the "q-bit" user on the host also the UID 850? (It has to match the jail's "qbittorrent" user's UID of 850.) Nevermind, I noticed the screenshot in your first post.

By the way, you may have been downloading into a folder that only exists in the jail's filesystem. (Which means you might have media files outside of /mnt/Plugins/Media, even though you assume they are safely there.)

Firestorm

Dabbler
ok I am now trying to download an ISO of Lynix, I don't see it in the folder yet, but I'll let you know tomorrow if it works. Also do you know how to install Lynix on a Chromebook?

Firestorm

Dabbler
So I got it to work... although anytime I download something new, I have to reapply the permissions recursively. Not a big deal but just weird.

Davvo

MVP
So I got it to work... although anytime I download something new, I have to reapply the permissions recursively. Not a big deal but just weird.
That means there is a configuration/permissions issue.

Do know where that issue would be and how to resolve it?
You can use this for now. It's a shotgun blast approach, but should work.

It will make the download (or subfolder) accessible by everyone, without changing the ownership.

qbittorrent-chmod.png

You can change it to 775 or 755 or 750, depending on your prefrence.

Last edited: