MotherBoard dead

aymen

Dabbler
Hi aymen,

What happened during these 3 years ? What did you do with the drives ? With the system ? After 3 years sitting on a tablet, many hard drive will freeze in position and will not spin anymore...

From what you posted and people already told you, it looks like you lost 2 drives from a single RaidZ1 vDev. A pool is not meant to survive such a loss. Considering that you survived 3 years without that pool, you probably can now accept its loss and go with whatever you have now, learning in the process how fragile RaidZ1 is and how critical backups are.
Still it spins lol
I keep it for hope that can be recovery with new updates

aymen

Dabbler
Wow, it's been a long time since this thread was written to. @aymen we just assumed you fixed your problem since the thread basically died after our last responses. If you still are having a problem, you might want to start all over, explain what the system hardware is, the version of FreeNAS, and exactly any problems you are having. I'd also ensure you run some burn-in testing to ensure the system is stable. Best of luck to you.
I was have bad days because I try many things but it not work so I keep it in hold for the technology may help in future.
I am ready to start over from beginning I also forgot what I have to do, sadly I am lazy windows user you know what I mean. But hope learn fast to solve this issue.

It was in freenas 9.10
My system
Prossor i7 920
Ram 12GB 1066
Motherboard Asus ram II